Provincial Institute of Teacher Education (PITE) Sindh was established in 1995 under the Teachers Training Project of Asian Development Bank (ADB) with the purpose of promoting and strengthening the areas of Teacher Education and Training in the Province of Sindh.
As per the Teacher Education Development TED Policy 2009, the PITE serves as an Apex Institution in Teacher Education in the Province of Sindh. Its major role will be to assist the Education and Literacy Department and Sindh Teacher Education Development Authority in the formulation of Policy in Teacher Education, support in implementation of Teacher Education programs and activities, undertake research in teacher education issues, innovate and experiment new approaches in teacher education.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF PITE
- Assist the Education and Literacy Department and Sindh Teacher Education Development Authority in the formulation of Policy in Teacher Education.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research in Teacher Education.
- Design and experiment research based innovative approaches and training programs in teacher education.
- Conduct Pre-service teacher training through ITE wing.
- Implement In-service teacher development through CPD wing.
- Develop Educational Leadership and Management through professional development courses at ELDC.
- Assist STEDA in quality assurance in Teacher Education Programs.
- Develop strong coordination and linkage with the partners at district, provincial, national an international level for the development of the teacher education.